Do you like fish? It seems as though a person is a fish person or not. No middle ground. I happen to love fish, all kinds, especially anchovies on pizza, its my favorite topping, really! I also love calamari and stuffed clams. Last night I made this sweet and smokey salmon filet.
Its super easy, I always have salmon in the freezer (one of the only fish my kids like). I buy a large filet when it is on sale, cut it into portions and freeze it. That way, I always have something on hand I can make for dinner. When making this dish, I take the filets right out of the freezer and into the baking pan.
I mix the butter, brown sugar and liquid smoke in a small bowl and then pour it over the salmon filets. You need to spread it quickly as the frozen salmon makes it difficult to spread. That’s it, then pop it in the oven and you have just made a wonderful dinner of sweet and smokey salmon filet!
- 4 salmon filets
- ½ stick butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add salmon filets to baking dish.
- Met butter in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Add brown sugar to melted butter, stir until brown sugar is melted.
- Add liquid smoke.
- Pour mixture evenly over salmon filets.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an addition 10 minutes.