There’s nothing I love more in the summer than a picnic. It is the perfect season to be out in nature enjoying the beauty all around us. With just a few picnic essentials you will have planned a picnic to remember.
There are so many wonderful places to have a picnic, on the beach, the lake, the park, in the mountains or even in your own backyard. Where you have your picnic sets the mood along with your theme. You can have a casual picnic with friends or a more elegant style picnic for 2.
The type of food you serve can also set the mood of the picnic. Make sure you serve food that can be prepared a head of time and that does not take a lot of fussing. Think of your theme and follow it all the way through.
Here are a few picnic essentials you don’t want to forget.
1. The basket you carry your items in says a lot about you. Make a statement choose one that shows your personality. Like this Fruit Metal Picnic Basket from Cost Plus WORLD MARKET.
2. The blanket you will sit on needs to be soft and large enough for you and your guests to spread out and get comfortable on. This blanket will serve both as your seating area and as your table. This L.L. Bean Waterproof Outdoor Blanket is a perfect choice.
3. Make it feel like your eating and drinking on your best crystal and china, invest in Melamine Dinnerware from Pier 1 Imports. Don’t you love the pattern? These wine glasses along with holders from Bed Bath & beyond, and beverage glasses from Pottery Barn are must have picnic essential items.
4. Don’t forget the little things, a corkscrew, water, cutting board, knife and hand wipes.
5. Always have a small vase with fresh flowers and don’t forget your iPod so the music can set the mood.
Now go and plan a picnic using these picnic essentials and enjoy the beautiful outdoors in the summertime.