Christmas was only a day ago and I’m already talking about getting ready for next Christmas! You might be thinking to yourself…Is she crazy!?!? But, hear me out. This will all make sense to you after you read about my get-ready for next Christmas time saving tips.
Getting a head start on the following year so you can enjoy more of next year and stress a little less.
- Take a good look at your decorations. Are there some Christmas items you keep storing year after year but never put them out? Only keep what you love! There is no point on hanging on to decorations that never see the light of day. Donate them.
- Go to after Christmas sales to pick up next years wrapping paper, ribbon, and gift tags.
- Put like items together in the same bin. In one bin place all of the tree decorations, stockings, and tree skirt, in another bin should be all the garland. Make sure the bins are marked clearly and you can read it from all sides.
- Make sure decorations are put away with what bins you like to take out first the following year.
- Update your holiday card list by adding and deleting names.
- Make a master gift list including all of you family and friends. Keep this list with you through out the year and pull it out anytime your favorite store is having a sale. Cross those names off the list as you buy their gifts.
- Designate a place in your home just for next years gifts. Keep them all together so you don’t have to remember where you put them. Believe me, I have many times found gift in June and July!
- Wrap gifts as you buy them.
By following this simple guide you can enjoy more of Chistmas time fun next year!
Until Next Time…